A Central Valley High School wrestling coach has been charged with sex crimes against students.
Central Valley High School Wrestling Coach Reportedly Confesses to Multiple Sex Crimes Against Students
Last Updated: 7/13/2020
Central Valley High School head wrestling coach Stephen Reed has been arrested after police say he confessed to several felony sex crimes against students.
The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO) was contacted on Monday, February 24, regarding possible sexual assaults of female students over the past two years at the high school. The 27-year-old wrestling coach was identified as the suspect.
Detectives contacted and interviewed Reed on February 27 and he allegedly confessed to all of the allegations.
Reed faces several felony charges, including:
- 8 counts of statutory rape
- 4 counts of annoying or molesting a child
- 6 counts of sexual assault with a foreign object on a minor
- 6 counts of oral copulation with a minor
- 1 count of sending lewd material to a minor
- 1 count of possession of child porn
- 2 counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor
It is not clear how many students may have been victimized by Reed. He is currently being held in jail with bail set at $1,027,000.
The Major Crimes Unit is continuing to investigate and has asked other potential victims and anyone else with information to contact the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Major Crimes Unit at (530) 245-6135.