A former employee of Church Farm School in Exton has been charged with sexually abusing a former student.
Former Pennsylvania Private School Employee Arrested in Florida on Sexual Assault Charges
Last Update: 7/13/2020
Lawyer Comments: In the second part of this article, school abuse attorney Brian Kent will discuss the legal rights of private school sex abuse victims and their families.
A former Pennsylvania private school employee who now works at a Florida private school was arrested last month for allegedly sexually abusing a student during his time at the Pennsylvania school.
57-year-old Marc Spera faces a laundry list of charges, including:
- 10 counts of statutory sexual assault
- 10 counts of unlawful contact with a minor-sexual offenses
- 10 counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse with a person less than 16 years of age
- 10 counts of endangering the welfare of children
- 10 counts of corruption of minors
- 10 counts of indecent assault of a person less than 16
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement arrested Spera on these charges in May. According to the department, the charges date back to Spera’s time at Church Farm School in Exton, Pennsylvania – where he worked and lived on campus from 1995 to 2010. He is accused of sexually abusing a student there between 2008 and 2010.
Officials say that Spera moved to Florida in 2016 to work at Admiral Farragut Academy in St. Petersburg and that he also lived on the campus there.
Spera is currently at the Pinellas County Jail awaiting extradition to Pennsylvania.