Letisia Delgadillo Arrested Following Fatal Suspected DUI Accident
Police in Waukegan arrested a woman in connection with an alleged drunk driving crash that left a married couple dead on Sunday, August 26. 39-year-old Letisia Delgadillo is currently being held on a $1 million bond. Police say she was driving drunk and ran a red light before causing a four-vehicle accident that killed a 42-year-old man and 41-year-old woman at Grand Avenue and Baldwin Avenue in suburban Waukegan.
Delgadillo has been charged with DUI and aggravated DUI causing death. According to the police, preliminary test results showed that her blood alcohol limit was more than twice the legal limit. She is scheduled to appear in court again on August 31.
Liability For Drunk Driving Accidents in Illinois
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney helps the victims of drunk drivers find justice. He would like to add some information on third-party liability for drunk driving accidents in Illinois:
In the United States, individuals who are injured in accidents caused by intoxicated people may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against that intoxicated person. Additionally, citizens of Illinois and many other states may have the option to file a lawsuit against an alcohol vendor who served alcohol to someone who caused an injury. This second type of lawsuit is known as a dram shop claim and these claims are commonly filed following drunk driving accidents.
There are a few requirements for filing a dram shop lawsuit in Illinois:
- The individual who caused the injury was intoxicated when the injury happened
- The vendor sold or gave alcohol to the intoxicated person
- The alcohol consumed by the intoxicated person was the cause of their intoxication
- The injuries were at least partially a result of the intoxication, and
- As a result, the injured person suffered personal injuries or property damage.
If you or a loved one was recently hit by a drunk driver and injured, you can learn more about your legal options by speaking with an experienced DUI victim lawyer. Taking legal action can help provide financial compensation for damages related to your injuries and hold accountable those responsible for the accident.
The Intersection of Grand Ave and Baldwin Ave
- Dallas, Texas – Dallas Police, FBI Seize Files From Catholic Diocese of Dallas in Sexual Abuse Investigation - May 20, 2019
- Phoenix, Arizona – Devereaux Advanced Behavioral Health Group Home Employee Rodrigo Flores Accused of Sexually Abusing 3 Girls - May 15, 2019
- Reading, Pennsylvania – Former Special Olympics Coach Michael A. Sheldon Charged with Sexually Assaulting Player - May 10, 2019