1 Driver Injured, Another Arrested Following 2-Vehicle Crash on NJ-4
Police in Paramus arrested an allegedly intoxicated driver following an accident that left another man critically injured on NJ-4 on Sunday, September 23. Herbert Reynoso of Fair Lawn has been charged with assault by auto and driving while intoxicated.
The accident occurred at around 2:40 a.m. on Route 4 West near the Kohl’s store. Police say that the driver of a 2006 Jeep Cherokee was hit from behind by Reynoso, who was driving a 2011 Audi A4. The driver of the Cherokee then crashed into a utility pole. Emergency responders rushed him to Hackensack University Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition.
Reynoso also crashed his vehicle into a utility pole and the vehicle overturned. He was also brought to Hackensack University Medical Center and was arrested after being released.
Legal Recourse For DUI Accident Victims in New Jersey
Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney is an experienced DUI accident victims lawyer who helps these victims and their families get the financial compensation they deserve. We’ve asked him to add some thoughts on the legal options available to DUI victims in New Jersey:
In addition to having the right to file a personal injury lawsuit directly against the drunk driver, DUI accident victims in New Jersey may have the right to file a lawsuit against an alcohol vendor who provided alcohol to the drunk driver before the crash. This type of liability is covered under what’s known as “dram shop” laws.
According to New Jersey’s dram shop law, those who have been injured by drunk drivers (and the families of those killed by them) may have grounds for a dram shop lawsuit against an alcohol vendor if the vendor served alcohol under either of the following circumstances:
- the intoxicated individual was already “visibly intoxicated” when served, or
- the vendor knew or reasonably should have known that the person they were serving was under 21 years of age.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed after being hit by a drunk driver, you can learn more about your legal options by speaking with an experienced DUI victims lawyer.
Kohl’s on NJ-4 in Paramus
- Algansee Township, Michigan – 3 Amish Children Killed, 2 Others Injured After Buggy Hit by Alleged Drunk Driver - June 13, 2019
- Dixon, Illinois – Balal Abdelhadi Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing, Wounding 2 Men at Drifter’s Saloon - May 23, 2019
- Jeffersonville, Indiana – 1 Killed, At Least 3 Others Injured In Home Explosion Caused by Natural Gas - May 22, 2019