2 Injured in Suspected Drunk Driving Crash on US-30 Near Wolf’s Crossing in Oswego
Two people were injured in a suspected drunk driving crash on Route 30 near Wolf’s Crossing Road in Oswego after midnight on January 4.
19-year-old Gerald R. Michaels, of Naperville, and 22-year-old Muhammed H. Durrani, of Bolingbrook, were the two drivers, and both suffered injuries. Durrani was hospitalized and Michaels received injury treatment at the scene of the crash.
Police determined that Michaels was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He has been charged with driving under the influence, unlawful consumption of alcohol by a minor, and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident.
Hi. I am attorney Brian Kent
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in a similar incident, I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your options.
Call the number below. It would be my honor to help you. Consultations are free.
Legal Options For People Injured by Drunk Drivers in Illinois
Attorney contributor Brian Kent helps people who have been injured by drunk drivers recover the financial compensation they need and deserve. Here is Jeff with some information on the legal options available to people injured in Illinois drunk driving crashes:
In Illinois and every other state, people who have been injured by drunk drivers may file a lawsuit against the drunk driver. Additionally, Illinois is one of several states that allow an injured party to file a lawsuit against an alcohol vendor who provided alcohol to the driver before the crash. This second type of lawsuit is called a dram shop claim.
In order to have grounds for a dram shop lawsuit, an injured person must establish five things:
- the person who caused their injuries was intoxicated at the time,
- the alcohol vendor provided alcohol to that person, who then consumed it,
- the consumption of this alcohol was the cause of the intoxication,
- injuries were at least partly caused by the intoxication, and
- the injured person suffered personal injuries or property damage.
If you or someone you care about has been injured or killed in a crash with a drunk driver, you can learn more about your legal rights in a free consultation with one of our experienced drunk driving injury victims lawyers.
US-30 and Wolf’s Crossing Road in Oswego Township, IL
- Orcutt, California – 2 People Injured, 18-Year-Old Driver Jesse Star Charged With DUI After Crash - May 20, 2020
- Chicago, Illinois – 5 Individuals Injured in Alleged Shooting at Gotcha Faded Barbershop - March 23, 2020
- Chicago, Illinois – Man Killed in Alleged Shooting in Austin Suburb Convenience Store - March 23, 2020