Drunk Driver BAC Was Twice the Legal Limit During Crash
According to The Daily Gazette, on May 25th Dickie Winn was driving down Route 9 when he crashed his truck into a stopped car on Ushers Road. A married couple was killed in the crash. The three additional people in the victims’ car suffered serious injuries. However, Winn was not critically injured.
Police report that Winn’s blood alcohol content was twice the legal limit of 0.08. He faced a number of charges including aggravated vehicular manslaughter.
Hi. My name is Laurence Banville.
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in this incident or a similar incident, I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your options.
Call the number below. It would be my honor to help you. Consultations are free.
Legal Recourse For Victims Injured by Drunk Drivers in New York
Attorney contributor Laurence Banville of crimevictim.Attorney helps victims of drunk driving accidents receive the financial compensation they deserve. Mr. Banville shares some general information on the legal options available to people hit by drunk drivers in New York.
In all 50 states, victims of drunk driving accidents may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against that driver. However, in some states including New York, there is another lawsuit option available in certain cases of drunk driving accidents. It is referred to as a dram shop claim and allows victims to file lawsuits against the alcohol vendor who served the drunk driver before the crash.
There are three instances in which alcohol vendors can be held liable for injuries caused by their patrons:
- if the customer was under 21 years of age, or
- if the customer was visibly intoxicated when served alcohol, and
- if the customer’s intoxication was a proximate cause of an alcohol-related injury
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash with a drunk driver, you can learn more about your legal options by discussing your case with an experienced drunk driving injury lawyer.
Location of U.S 9 and Ushers Road in Clifton Park, NY
- Twinsburg, Ohio – Former Twinsburg High School Teacher Laura Bucy Sentenced to Prison For Sexually Abusing Student - January 21, 2020
- Salt Lake City, Utah – Former West High School Teacher Sterrett Neale Faces Trial For Alleged Sex Abuse of Student - January 21, 2020
- Lincoln, Nebraska – Lincoln Regional Center Security Supervisor Chalice Closen Charged with Sex Abuse of Patient - January 21, 2020