6-Vehicle Pileup on Cedar Bridge Ave Near Garden State Parkway Entrance
Two people were injured and a third was arrested for DUI in a six-vehicle crash on Cedar Bridge Avenue near the Garden State Parkway on Wednesday.
The crash occurred at around 5:09 p.m. Police sent out a Nixle alert of a 10-vehicle crash on Central Bridge Avenue near the northbound Garden State Parkway entrance. Officers later discovered that it was actually a six-vehicle crash.
One of the drivers was charged with assault by auto, DUI, driving while suspended, and several moving violations related to the accident.
The two injured people were brought to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Five of the six vehicles involved in the crash suffered major damage.
An investigation into this crash remains ongoing.
Filing a Lawsuit After Being Injured by a Drunk Driver in New Jersey
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney represents people who have been injured by drunk drivers and the families of fatal drunk driving crash victims, helping them find justice and financial compensation in civil lawsuits. Here is some info from Brian on filing a drunk driving injury lawsuit in New Jersey:
New Jersey is one of several states that allow victims of drunk drivers to seek financial compensation in two ways. First, they may file a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver who injured them. Additionally, under certain conditions, people injured by drunk drivers may file lawsuits against alcohol vendors who served the drunk driver prior to the crash.
This second type of lawsuit is known as a “dram shop” claim. In order to file a lawsuit against an alcohol vendor for a drunk driving crash in New Jersey, you must establish one of two things:
- The vendor served someone who was “visibly intoxicated”, or
- the vendor knew or reasonably should have known that the person being served was under 21 years old.
Determining the best course of legal action will usually require assistance from an experienced drunk driving crash victims lawyer, who can help you determine if you qualify for a personal injury lawsuit, dram shop claim, or both. If you or a loved one has recently been hit by a drunk driver, you can learn more about your legal options in a free consultation.
Location of Cedar Bridge Ave Near the Garden State Parkway in Lakewood, NJ
- West Monroe, Louisiana – Nursing Assistant Khalil Peoples Charged with Sexually Abusing Patient at Guest House Nursing and Rehabilitation - March 27, 2020
- Montgomery County, Ohio – Ohio Fusion Club Soccer Coach Scotty West Charged with Sexually Assaulting a Player - March 27, 2020
- Palmdale, California – Pete Knight High School Teacher Anthony Faaborg Accused of Sexually Abusing a Student - March 27, 2020