Catrina Costello Faces Murder, DUI, and Stalking Charges Following Crash
Police arrested 38-year-old Catrina Costello and charged her with reckless second-degree murder, drunk driving, and stalking after a fatal crash that police believe was intentional. Costello is accused of using her truck to purposely run down her neighbors, who had a restraining order against the woman.
Police were called to the scene on Pine Street in Seabrook at around 6:20 p.m. on Wednesday, August 29 on reports that two people and a dog had been hit by a truck. 64-year-old Stephen VanDalinda and his German Shepherd were killed in the incident, while his 61-year-old wife Erin VanDalinda was seriously injured.
Erin VanDalinda took out a protection order against Costello in September 2017. Neighbors told reporters that Costello and the couple had a dispute over the couple’s dogs.
Legal Options For Drunk Driving Victims in New Hampshire
Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney would like to offer some perspective on the legal rights of drunk driving victims and their families:
When a negligent driver causes an auto accident and injures or kills others, that driver can often be held accountable in both criminal and civil court. The criminal justice system handles the prosecution of drunk drivers, while the civil court system helps victims recover financial compensation and holds third parties accountable if they provided alcohol to the drunk driver in a negligent way.
According to New Hampshire dram shop laws, alcohol vendors can be held liable for damages by injury victims from alcohol-related accidents under the following circumstances:
- The alcohol vendor served alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person who went on to injure someone else in an alcohol-related accident, or
- The alcohol vendor sold alcohol to a minor under age 21 who went on to injure someone else in an alcohol-related accident.
If your family is struggling with grief after losing a loved one to a drunk driver, remember that the legal system can help you find justice. To find out more about your legal options, get in touch with one of our experienced DUI victims lawyers today.
Local News Coverage From CBS Boston
Pine Street in Seabrook
- Dayton, Ohio – 3 Wounded, 1 Other Injured In Shooting At The Villa Tavern In Huber Heights - May 16, 2019
- Saratoga, California – Saratoga Federated Church Youth Leader Joseph Silva Jr. Accused of Sexually Abusing Minors - May 14, 2019
- Chicago, Illinois – Dr. Jorge Prieto Math and Science Academy Teacher Michael Hock Accused of Sexually Abusing Student - May 13, 2019