Crash At Intersection Claims The Life Of A Waconia Woman
Minnesota State Patrol was called to the intersection of County Road 9 and Highway 212 in Plato, Minnesota at around 6 a.m. after an emergency call reported a collision between a semi-truck and passenger car.
When officers arrived, they found that a 2012 Hyundai Sonata was struck by a semi-truck that was heading westbound. The accident took place in the intersection. The 67-year-old woman driving the Sonata sustained injuries that ultimately resulted in her death on the scene. Her death is sadly one of nearly 250 on Minnesota roads in 2019.
The investigation into what caused the accident is ongoing.
Hi. My name is Laurence Banville.
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in this accident or a similar one, I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your options.
Call the number below. It would be my honor to help you. Consultations are free.
Experienced Semi-Truck Accident Attorney Comments On Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Laurence Banville of Banville Law has commented on the legal rights of the family members of those killed in a semi-truck accident:
"When someone is killed in an auto accident involving a tractor-trailer, their loved ones typically have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This lawsuit is filed against all parties whose negligence caused the accident and can recover compensation that will cover:
- funeral and burial benefits
- lost inheritance
- lost income
- emotional turmoil
Those that are eligible include the parents, spouse, and children of the deceased, however, if another family member was dependant on the deceased, they too could be eligible.
The legal process can be overwhelming and is complicated so consulting an experienced attorney is important. Not all attorneys handle auto accident cases so be sure to ask questions when choosing your legal team, such as:
- How many truck accident lawsuits have you handled?
- What successful outcomes have you had?
- Can I speak with references?
- How long have you been practicing law?
The right legal team will support you during this difficult time, ensuring that you can focus entirely on mourning and healing."
- Spring Lake Park, Minnesota – Alleged Shooting Outside Dala Thai Restaurant and Banquet Hall Leaves 1 Dead and 7 Injured - March 26, 2020
- Dallas, Texas – Alleged Shooting During Basketball Game at Ellis Davis Field House Leaves 1 Dead, Another Injured - March 25, 2020
- Dallas, Texas – 1 Dead After Alleged Shooting at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham on Alpha Road - March 23, 2020