Drunk Driving Suspected in Crash on US 395 Near Loon Lake
Washington State Police believe one of the drivers involved in a Monday night crash on US-395 was under the influence. Three people were injured in the crash approximately 3 miles north of Loon Lake.
Police say that 35-year-old Tom D. Evje was driving a 2002 Dodge Neon southbound on US-395 when his vehicle crossed over the center line and collided with a northbound vehicle at around 9 p.m. on Monday.
Police suspect that Evje was impaired by alcohol and drugs. He is also being investigated for vehicular assault.
The northbound car was a 1997 Honda CRV being driven by 57-year-old Daniel J. Phillips. Phillips and his passenger, 44-year-old Trina C. Dulaney were injured in the crash. A third passenger in the CRV was not injured. Evje was also injured in the crash.
Evje and Phillips were both hospitalized at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and were listed in satisfactory condition as of Tuesday morning.
Legal Recourse for People Injured by Drunk Drivers in Washington
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney helps people who have been injured by drunk drivers recover the financial compensation they deserve in civil lawsuits. We’ve asked Brian to share some thoughts on the legal options available to those who have been hit by drunk drivers in Washington:
Like in all other states, people who are injured by drunk drivers in Washington may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver. Washington is also one of several states with dram shop laws. These laws allow alcohol vendors to be held liable for alcohol-related injuries caused by their customers, depending on specific circumstances.
According to Washington’s dram shop law, alcohol vendors can be held liable for injuries caused by customers if:
- The vendor sold alcohol to someone who was under 21 years of age, or
- to someone who was “apparently under the influence” or “obviously intoxicated”, and
- that customer goes on to cause an accident with injuries because of their intoxication.
If you or someone you love has recently been injured by a drunk driver in Washington, it’s important to be aware of your options for financial compensation. You can learn more about your options by speaking to an experienced drunk driving accident victims lawyer.
US-395 Near Loon Lake, Washington
- Houston, Texas – Bryan Arellano Monasterio Charged with Sexually Assaulting Elderly Resident at Ahepa 29 Senior Apartments - July 11, 2019
- Collin County, Texas – Glenda Basanes Accused of Posing as Nurse, Sexually Assaulting Resident at Loving Care Home - July 9, 2019
- Lacey Township, New Jersey – Tiffani Becker, Ryan Bacon Seriously Injured in Head-On Collision with Suspected Drunk Driver - July 3, 2019