Employee Arrested For Sexual Assault at Boyne Highlands Resort
An employee of Boyland Highlands Resort in Pleasantview Township has been charged with several felonies in connection with a sexual assault that occurred at the resort on Tuesday, December 11. 24-year-old Caesar Joel Bonds-Carrera faces the following charges:
- five counts of criminal sexual conduct-first degree,
- one count of criminal sexual conduct-second degree,
- one count of criminal sexual conduct-assault with intent to commit sexual penetration, and
- two counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder or by strangulation.
After learning of the assault, security personnel from the resort responded to the scene and contacted the police. A report regarding the alleged incident was filed with the sheriff’s office in the early hours of December 11. An investigation determined that a criminal sexual assault occurred at the Bartley House on Boyne Highlands Resort property.
After the incident was reported, the man was removed from resort property and his employment was terminated.
Legal Recourse For Victims of Sexual Assault at Resorts
Brian Kent of AbuseGuardian.com is an attorney who helps victims of sexual violence find the answers and support they deserve. Here is some input from Brian into the legal options available to those who have been sexually assaulted at resorts:
In vacation resorts, as in any other business, the safety of the customers must be a top priority. The owners of these resorts are legally required to make sure their guests are safe from preventable dangers. This includes making sure adequate security measures are in place and properly screening job applicants to make sure no one with a history of sexual misconduct is hired.
When a guest is sexually assaulted at a resort, it’s crucial to make sure that the guest gets the support they need and the perpetrator is arrested and prosecuted. In some cases, the resort may also be considered liable if their negligence allowed the assault to occur. Cases that involve negligence may be grounds for a lawsuit.
If you or a loved one has been sexually assaulted by a resort employee, we understand the difficulties you’re facing. If you’d like to learn more about your legal options and how your family can find justice, consider speaking to an experienced sexual assault survivors attorney.
Location of Boyne Highlands Resort
- Lisle, Illinois – Lisa McMullan Opens Fire on State Troopers at Humidor Cigar Lounge - January 30, 2020
- Overland Park, Kansas – Patrick Miller Killed in Shooting at The Park Apartments - January 28, 2020
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa – Alleged Shooting at Grand Ridge Apartments Leaves 1 Dead - January 28, 2020