Driver Arrested in Fatal Drunk Driving Crash
WSAV and The Brunswick News reports that on Sunday at around 12:30 a.m., the driver of a 2500 Ram pickup truck was heading northbound on I-95 just North of the Turtle River in Glynn County, Georgia. He failed to maintain his lane and ran into a dump truck. This caused the man driving the dump trick to lose control and hit a barricade. The dump truck overturned and the driver was ejected from the vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the pick up truck, who caused the accident, only suffered minor injuries. Officers believed he was under the influence of alcohol, but he refused to take a breathalyzer. The driver’s blood sample revealed his was intoxicated. He is being charged with DUI, vehicular homicide. and failure to maintain lane.
Hi. I am attorney Brian Kent
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in this incident or a similar incident, I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your options.
Call the number below. It would be my honor to help you. Consultations are free.
Legal Options For Victims of Drunk Driving Crashes in Georgia
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of crimevictim.Attorney represents those who have been injured by drunk drivers in lawsuits. Mr. Kent has shared his thoughts on the legal options available to these victims and their families.
“In most states, including Georgia, people who have been injured or killed by drunk drivers might have a couple of different options for receiving financial compensation. The first option for these victims would be a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who caused their injuries. The second option, which is limited to certain states, would be to file a lawsuit against the alcohol vendor who serve the driver before the crash. This may be an option if the alcohol vendor violated that state’s dram shop laws”, explained Mr. Kent.
Georgia’s dram shop laws state that a victim of a drunk driving crash can file a lawsuit against the alcohol vendor if the licensed establishment:
- “willfully, knowingly and unlawfully” provides alcohol to someone under age 21, or
- “knowingly” serves alcohol to someone who is “noticeably intoxicated”, and
- knows that the minor or intoxicated person will be getting behind the wheel soon.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, you can learn more about your legal options by speaking to an experienced drunk driving crash victims lawyer.
Interstate 95 North of Turtle River in Glynn County, GA
News Coverage From WSAV 3
- Lee’s Summit, MO – Little Learner Inc. Daycare Worker Joseph Hammerly Accused of Child Sex Abuse, Owner Charged with Failure to Report - July 23, 2019
- Dallas, Texas – Former City Council Member Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver on East Ledbetter Road - July 22, 2019
- Florence, Kentucky – Man Stabbed to Death at Papa’s Pub - July 22, 2019