Suspect Arrested in Fatal Crash Near Saginaw Street and East Ruth Avenue
ABC 12 reports that on July 18th there was a three vehicle collision into a building near Saginaw Street and East Ruth Avenue in Flint, Michigan. The man who caused the crash was allegedly driving under the influence with a blood alcohol level of .14.
According to investigators, the suspect was driving with a suspended license. He was speeding and ran a stop sign, which is what caused the crash. The three car collision left one woman dead at the age of 46.
The suspected drunk driver was arrested for manslaughter with a motor vehicle, operating while intoxicated causing death, reckless driving causing death, operating on a suspended license causing death, his third offense of operating while intoxicated, and unlawful driving away.
Hi. I am attorney Brian Kent
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in this incident or a similar incident, I would be happy to speak with you and discuss your options.
Call the number below. It would be my honor to help you. Consultations are free.
Legal Options Available to Victims and Their Families Injured or Killed By Drunk Drivers in Michigan
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of www.CrimVictim.Attorney works closely with victims and their families injured or killed in drunk driving accidents. Mr. Kent has generously offered to share his insight on the legal options open to these victims and their families.
“In all 50 states, if you have been injured by a drunk driver, you likely have a case for a personal injury lawsuit against that driver. However, in most states including Michigan, you may also have grounds for a lawsuit against an alcohol vendor that served the driver before the crash. There are a few circumstances that must be met in order to file a “dram shop” lawsuit”, explains Mr. Kent.
In the state of Michigan, you may have grounds for a dram shop claim against an alcohol vendor, such as a bar or a restaurant, if the establishment:
- served alcohol to a minor (someone under the age of 21), or
- served alcohol to someone who is already visibly intoxicated.
Every drunk driving injury case is different so it is important to speak to an experienced drunk driving injury lawyer to better understand your legal options.
Location of Saginaw Street and East Ruth Avenue in Flint, MI
- Naples, Florida – Terracina Grand Senior Living Employee Robert Ganassin Accusing of Sexually Abusing Patient - August 21, 2019
- Sharonville, Ohio – Misión Cristiana El Calvario Pastor Cesar Guerrero Accused of Sexually Abusing Multiple Girls - August 20, 2019
- Centennial, Colorado – Indiana Couple Sues Chinese Children Adoption International (CCAI), Claiming Failure to Disclose Sexual Abuse History of Adopted Boy - August 19, 2019