1 Driver Arrested, Another in Critical Condition Following 2-Vehicle Crash
An unnamed Green Bay woman is in critical condition following a two-vehicle accident involving a suspected drunk driver in Ashwaubenon.
Officials with Ashwaubenon Public Safety responded to the scene of the crash on STH-172 at the intersection with Babcock Road at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
Authorities say that a 26-year-old woman was driving a Ford on the eastbound side of STH-172 when an 80-year-old man driving a Jeep turned in front of the Ford, causing a crash. Fire and Rescue crews used extrication tools to free the woman from her car.
The driver of the Jeep, identified as John Gale, was arrested for OWI causing injuries and taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. As of Thursday afternoon, the woman remained in critical condition at the hospital.
Legal Options Available to Wisconsin Drunk Driving Crash Victims
Attorney contributor Brian Kent of CrimeVictim.Attorney helps DUI crash victims recover the full financial compensation they deserve for the damages they’ve suffered. We’ve asked him to contribute some input into the legal options available to these victims in Wisconsin:
When an intoxicated individual causes an accident and others are injured or killed, the victims (or their families) often decide to file personal injury (or wrongful death) lawsuits against that individual. Additionally, Wisconsin and several other states have dram shop laws which allow the victims of alcohol-related accidents to file lawsuits against businesses that provided the alcohol to that individual, in certain situations.
According to Wisconsin’s dram shop law, businesses (and also social hosts) can only be held liable for alcohol-related injuries in the following situations:
- when alcohol is served via force or deception (for example, lying about a beverage being alcohol-free), and
- when alcohol is provided to someone under age 21 and is a “substantial factor” in the resulting injury.
If you or someone you love was recently hit by a drunk driver and you’d like to learn more about your legal options and right to financial compensation, you can learn more by speaking with an experienced DUI victims lawyer.
The Intersection of STH-172 and Babcock Road
- Spring Lake Park, Minnesota – Alleged Shooting Outside Dala Thai Restaurant and Banquet Hall Leaves 1 Dead and 7 Injured - March 26, 2020
- Dallas, Texas – Alleged Shooting During Basketball Game at Ellis Davis Field House Leaves 1 Dead, Another Injured - March 25, 2020
- Dallas, Texas – 1 Dead After Alleged Shooting at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham on Alpha Road - March 23, 2020